Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sick, Sick...go away.

I've been sick for over a week now and can't wait for it to go away. I did however, in all my sickness manage to finish three cross stitch projects and begin quilting on a quilt. Its for my mom and I've been working on the quilt top on and off for 5 months now.

Wow black Friday was a mess. I did Toys R Us, then Walmart, then Best Buy, then Target, then JoAnns...I didn't make it thru the Joanns piece. The lines were incredible but the peoeple were friendly but I just petered out at the end. I had stayed up since 9:00 pm Thanksgiving night and and didn't get home to sleep until 10:30 am on black Friday. But I saved a lot of money and I'm verry happy because I found everything that was on my list of wants.

What else....Becca, she's such a wonderful girl. She loves to Applique' but she turns 12 (2 weeks ago) and grows a desire to start quilting like mom. So we went to Hancock Fabrics and looked at all kinds of books and patterns for various quilts. She finds one book that contains several patterns she likes and we begin our journey together of creating her first quilt. And its for her...that's my favorite part. I hope she'll keep it for quite a while and remember it. We worked on getting learning to read the quilt pattern and getting the various pieces cut this last weekend.

One last thing...I've been trying since June to attend a an advanced quilting class and I got a call yesterday that CreekSide quilting will be hosting one and did I want to sign up...you can bet I snatched that one up and its 6 hours for only $45. I was really excited about that too.

Thats all for today. Have a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment